Brotherhood of Talad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brotherhood of Talad

Brotherhood of Talad

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

psdev.dyndns-home.com

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Venorel

Venorel

psdev.dyndns-home.com Empty
PostSubject: psdev.dyndns-home.com   psdev.dyndns-home.com Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 pm

[ Edit : Feb02/11 - The server is up and down while working to allow flight along the x, y and z axes. Once that is working I shall post that it is stable for being found online again, ]

A basic. out of the box, PS Game Server has been installed on psdev.dyndns-home.com, port 13331, for practise. Any interested in taking a tour of such an installation are welcome to use any of the accounts listed in the compiling documentaion at:

https://planeshift.svn.sf.net/svnroot/planeshift/trunk/docs/compiling.html#server

My thoughts are that the easiest introduction map, for me new to Blender, should be mostly black (and blank). Nowhere better came to mind that open space... the void... with small points of light; the planets and stars of the universe. With such an Open Source library of objects, of planets and spaceships, one could sail the net; using ips as a parasec coordinate system; seeking welcoming planets who would be sending subspace becons to a meta-server so we need not poke around where starships are not wanted. Such servers, sending out the beacons, would be logged in on the map if you will; seen as distant points of light... unless they are someone behind your firewall. They may be seen as part of your solar system. Can someone say Inter-Server War?

The first objective will be to replace the current content of the art directory; replacing it with Open Source content. They would be open space and star ships; so in no competition to PS, the Game.

It may be breaking Atomic Blue's license to point one of their compiled clients to anywhere other than the PS servers; however if you compiled the client yourself you can just add the address to the servers.xml file in the client's data directory; using the most simplistic of text editors like nano.

- Ven

Last edited by Venorel on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Qter

Qter

PostSubject: Re: psdev.dyndns-home.com   psdev.dyndns-home.com Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 am

Nice Ven! I'm dying to see a PS 2.0 cheers

By the way I used the player1 pass

Pretty cool afro
Back to top Go down
Venorel

Venorel

PostSubject: Re: psdev.dyndns-home.com   psdev.dyndns-home.com Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Glad you made it Qter!

I've been looking on the net for available Blender objects and have found loads. How would you like to sail NetSpace in this baby?

psdev.dyndns-home.com Expressship Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Qter

Qter

PostSubject: Re: psdev.dyndns-home.com   psdev.dyndns-home.com Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:27 am

hahah nice! cheers

I wanna be Bender! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Qter

Qter

PostSubject: Re: psdev.dyndns-home.com   psdev.dyndns-home.com Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:33 am

Hey Ven, recently I found this website with resources from other sites stuffed with lots of free models, some are for blender and several others not, however I think some of them are pretty awesome. I don't know if you have checked this before, anyway I give you the link so you can take a look and probably you could find something useful for your project:

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/60-excellent-free-3d-model-websites/

I haven't checked the licenses they use but I think it could work for your testing purposes, meanwhile you build things around.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Venorel

Venorel

PostSubject: Re: psdev.dyndns-home.com   psdev.dyndns-home.com Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:51 am

Thanks for the link Qter! I'll definitely check it out.

- Ven

Update: Should have mentioned that the server has been taken down. It is nice yet too much is not released with the Open Source code that other alternatives were looked at instead. In particular http://osgrid.org .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: psdev.dyndns-home.com   psdev.dyndns-home.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

psdev.dyndns-home.com
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brotherhood of Talad :: Server & computer-
Jump to: